As far as what is in store for 2016 in the neighborhood as well as San Francisco, I have a few items of note:
- Demand for all housing types will be solid (not great) in the first half of ‘16
- Any unique property will still command a premium
- I think the strategy of under-pricing a property is on its way out. More properties will be priced at market or slightly higher
- I think the markets in Southern Marin and East Bay will slow; creating more flight out of SF (and more inventory)
- The entry level market (<$1M) will be very strong
- Interest rates will likely climb a half a point by end of the year
- Annual appreciation rates will likely slow (i.e. no more double digit growth)
The information presented to you below captures (a) the top annual sale in Sea Cliff & Lake Street corridor (b) 2015 sales data in graph format for easy historical reference (c) a live graph detailing sales price & price per foot metrics.
If you’d like more specific information as it relates to your home, please feel free to contact me via telephone or email.
Scott Whelan, Broker Associate
Please call or email if you have any questions about this report,
or if I can help you in any other way.